Saturday, May 27, 2023

Losing Sleep.. A Conversation Between Father & Son

 


Father .. Father why can't I go out and play there while other boys can
Father... Father Son, he tells me you will know when you are a man.

Father... Father … one of the boys who went out to play there, has hurt his knee,
Son, that could have been you, the place wasn’t safe enough you see.

Father... Father … Every boy has a shiny new toy, I want it too,
Son, here you go, here is something different for you.

Father... Father … everyone is bored of their toys, they want something unique.. unique like the toy you bought for me.
Son, which is what I was trying to tell you, that is what you could not see.

Father... Father … everyone in school makes fun of that boy, why can’t I do it too,
Son, making fun of someone’s weakness is not what I would expect from you.

Father... Father … today was the last day of school, that boy came up to me and said, and hey for all these years; thanks for sticking with me.
Son, this is the reward you get for treating a person for not what he is but what he can be.

Father... … college is cool, like everyone around me I get the urge to light up a cigarette, or smoke some weed.
Son, you do not belong there, that is not your creed.

Father … the boy who smoked the weed, lies in the hospital, battling for his life and not much the doctors can do.
Son, think about it, it could have been you.

Father... … the pressure of studies is too much, I think I am better off making it on my own, these classes are not meant for me.
Son, finishing your education is a must, for sweets the fruits of education are, however bitter the roots may be.

Father … why should I hold the door open for a woman, you know their talks about gender equality.
Son, the best gift a man can give to a woman is his chivalry.

Father… I held the door open for her and she said I don’t see this kind of respect in your generation today.
Son, don’t comments like these make your heart swell with pride, and make your day.

Father … I have fallen in love, but why would someone love me when neither my pockets are full nor I have charming looks to go.
Son, you don’t need these things, don’t pretend, and let the real you show.

Father … she loves me back, and always thought that she wasn’t pretty enough for me.
Son.. love is simple, complicated is what we make it out to be.

Father… she doesn’t want to meet, asks to be left alone, after so much I did for her how can she do this to me.
Son, let her be, set her free. If she comes back, then she is yours to keep. Else she was never meant to be.

Father.… she came back, and thanked me for understanding.., as she was at a phase trying to understand how my future along with her was meant to be.
Son, this is what I thought as well, sometimes the best gift a man can gift a woman is his understanding, not some precious stone or jewelry.

Father… corruption is all around. Even I need to pay a bribe to get my work done within a day.
Son, you need to be an honest man, not just today, tomorrow but every day.

Father… the man standing next to me in the line was caught paying a bribe and now is in the jail.
Son, our sins catch up with us eventually maybe not today, or tomorrow but one day for sure without fail.

Father… corporate life is complicated. People ready to crush and, step all over you, and trying to destroy the honest soul that lies inside of me
Son, keep your chin up, and maintaining your ideals, is your duty. To be true to one’s own soul
is what a soul strives to be.

Father… the credit is yours, the boss and I spoke, calling me a man of integrity, a man apart from the crowd, then he asked if I would like to lead.
Son, all this is your own doing. I am just a farmer who planted the seed.

Father… everything you taught me in life, is beginning to make sense, and today I can aspire to fly as high as I can.
Son, this is great! This is the most wonderful time of my life when my son is growing up to be a man.

Father… touching his feet with gratitude, thanks for everything. Today I am the man, the man I would have always wanted to be.
Son, don’t thank me, I am always right here anytime you want to talk to me.

Father... Father today when my son asks why can't I go out and play there while other boys can
Looking at my father smile from the heavenly clouds above I smile back as I tell my son... son you will know when you are a man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment