Friday, November 2, 2018

Losing Sleep.. A Quest To Understand Death


After my last post I was constantly consumed with the thought and concept of Death.

While I have accepted the fact that it is a destination to which we all are headed at our own individual speed.Others may travel with us but the last leg of the journey we need to make it alone.

No one has completed the journey and come back to tell us the tale about it.

So how do we begin to understand death?

I had no answer nothing could help me understand it. But, I have also learned the fact that the very longing we seek is always found inside us and not outside.

I am sitting by the sea on a serene beach, with the wind kissing my face like the love of my life, whose presence I can feel but she is not here with me

It's a beautiful sunny day. Besides me is Papa (My Father) along with my mother. "So, what have you been doing with your life" Papa asks me. "Doing good.."I tell him with a sense of pride ".. bought a house in Vasai Nallasopara". To which he asks, "Why did you go so far..." I smile and reply "Just like you Papa.. remember that's what people told you when you were buying a house in Borivali" He nods positively and again asks me, "What else have you been doing" "I bought a Car... Maruti one.. Just like you. I remember when you were there.. you would always talk about Maruti Cars"

"When I was there... Hmmm" he says and then suddenly he fades away with the breeze

I wake up and realize that it was a dream all along but I am now smiling because the answer to my question has been revealed to me.

I now truly believe that people never die, even when they are away from us physically, they just transcend to another level. A level where you and I cannot travel. They are around us radiating the positive energy which they did when they were physically next to us. That is why sometimes when we talk of guardian angel or GOD watching over us its actually our loved ones who are watching and protecting us. So what is death? Death in my learning is when we talk of them as gone away from us, the soul feels its no longer needed and surrenders to the creator and is ready to go to the next level ... which could be whatever you like.. heaven, salvation.

Probably come back to us in another form called reincarnation Sometimes when we see the same nature in our descendants... I get that feeling..  Don't you feel so too..

Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?

Ciao.... Never say Never

6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the song by Lata ji "Na jaane kyun hota hai yeh zindagi ke baad, achanak yeh mann, kisi ke jaane ke baad, kare phir uski yaad.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very relatable. I agree about on and off having dreams of talking and sharing talks about something that they have missed on.
    Then u wake up and it's all gone.
    I feel death is something that our minds still can't cope with, that it's the end and things can never be the same.
    That once gone they can't hear or talk to u. They are just simply resting, unaware or what's happening around them
    But then we can move on accepting that, so our hearts cling on to them, keeping them alive in our hearts and memories, so much that even when we are in our subconscious level we can meet and talk to them.
    That's the only thing that gives us hope and helps us move on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, person leave us but there existance is always with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, person leave us but there existance is always with us

    ReplyDelete